Mountain Biking FAQ & Requirements
Get in the Know Before You Go
Excited to ride but still have a few questions? Read on for Saddleback Bike Park rules and helpful answers to some frequently asked questions.
What You Need To Ride
- Helmets are required for all riders. Full-face helmets are strongly encouraged.
- If under 10, you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- We want you to have fun and be safe. Please review the Biker’s Responsibility Code and Rules & Regs before hitting the trails.
- If riding the lift, you must purchase a lift-access day pass or season pass.
- If you’re opting for pedal-powered fun, a pedal-power ticket or season pass is required.
The Saddleback Bike Park is closed for the 2023 season. During regular operations, hours are typically Thursday – Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The last chair loads at 3:47 p.m. Please note, that outside of lift hours, no on-mountain rescue services are available.
The uphill rider gives the right-of-way to the downhill rider. All downhill riders please reduce speed when passing.
No bike? No problem! The Saddleback Bike Shop offers high-quality, full-suspension bike rentals for adults and children. Rental reservations are online. Our rental bikes are not for use off the mountain. Rentals are to be returned by 4 p.m.
Yes, rental bikes can go down to the trail center. You will have 3 options to get there:
1. Ride down and pedal back up.
2. With a lift-serviced MTB ticket, you can ride down and pedal back to the lift by 3:47 p.m. Th-Sun.
3. Transport the bikes yourself. (You must have a tray-style bike rack or truck with a tailgate pad. Someone in the bike shop will inspect your vehicle to make sure there is appropriate transportation.)
View the RLTC TRAIL MAP AND CONNECTOR TRAILS. Use the Long Hill connector to access the RLTC trail system directly from the bike park. The use of this network is donation-based. You can find donation boxes located at information kiosks throughout the network.
Uphill or pedal-power access is permitted on Don’s Delight with a valid pedal-power ticket.
No, in the summer this is a work road and we ask that you keep this area clear for your safety.
Class 1 E-bikes are permitted on the trails.
We are sorry, but the answer is no. The South Branch Chair is for MTB lift service only.
No. We do not allow child carriers of any kind on bikes. One person per bike.