Directions to Saddleback Mountain
Approximate driving time from major metro areas (in hours):
- Boston, MA: 4:20
- New York City: 7:45
- Portland, ME: 2:30
- Hartford, CT: 5:40
- Montreal: 3:45
- Quebec City: 3:45
Saddleback is located in the legendary Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. Interstate 95 is the primary access highway from Maine, Southern New Hampshire, Southern New England and New York City South. Just East of the Town of Rangeley, take Dallas Hill Road (at the IGA grocery store) and follow signs to Saddleback
- FROM POINTS SOUTH (Portland, Portsmouth, Boston, Providence): Take I-95 to Maine Turnpike to Exit 75 in Auburn. Take Rt.4 North through Farmington to Rangeley. OR Take I-95 to Augusta Exit 112B then follow directions under Augusta.
- FROM AUGUSTA: Take Rt.27 North to US 2 West. At Farmington take Rt.4 North to Rangeley and Saddleback.
- FROM BANGOR: Take I-95 South to Exit 157. Take US 2 West to Skowhegan and Farmington, then Rt.4 North to Rangeley.
- FROM VT & NORTHERN NH: Pick up US 2 East to Gorham, NH. Take Rt.16 North then Rt.4 to Rangeley.
- FROM MONTREAL: From Colebrook, NH take Rt.26 to Errol then Rts.16 and 4 to Rangeley.
- FROM CANADIAN MARITIME: From Calais, ME, take Rt.9 East to Bangor then follow directions under Bangor.
- BY AIR: Portland and Bangor, ME airports are 125 miles (2.5 hour drive) from Rangeley. Car rentals are available there.
If you enter Saddleback Mountain into Google Maps, it will direct you to the AT trailhead. To get to the ski resort, enter Saddleback Ski Mountain Maine or click on the map below.