Bird the Boreal Forest at Saddleback
Friday, June 9, 2023 - Saturday, June 10, 2023
Find Bicknell's Thrush at Saddleback
Birding in the Rangely Lakes Region
6/9 - Friday, 6:15 AM or 6/10 - Saturday, 6:15 AM
This strenuous trip focuses on birding the high-elevation spruce-fir forests of Saddleback Mountain for boreal forest birds. In addition to standard birding gear, participants must bring a day pack, 2 liters of water, a bagged lunch, bug repellent, sunscreen, a raincoat or windbreaker, and a head net.
- Key Species: Bicknell's Thrush
- Physical demands: Expect approximately 2 miles of hiking on mostly uneven terrain. Saddleback Maine will provide transportation to the Bicknell's Thrush habitat. Participants will hike down.
- Difficulty: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Parking: Park along the Access Road before the Lodge on the left.
- Meet: At the Saddleback Welcome Sign and flagpole.
- Arrival: 6:15 AM
- Depart: 6:30 AM
- Return to Parking: 2:30 PM
- Cost: $70