Saddleback is Committed to Your Safety
The reality is, this is a new landscape for all of us, but we are counting on the Saddleback family to be a family. We consider ourselves fortunate to have this remarkable outdoor playground in a time when many of us just need some fresh, mountain air. We ask that you be patient, kind and positive. Together, we will make it the best winter possible.
Updated State of Maine Guidelines
- Effective immediately – Maine has lifted the quarantine requirements from Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. New Hampshire and Vermont residents are already exempt from the need to quarantine.
- Starting March 26, 2021 – Indoor capacity will be upped to 50% of normal capacity and 75% of normal outdoor capacity. This means Saddleback will be able to allow roughly 140 people in the Pub and 90 in the Café
- Starting May 24th – These numbers increase to 75% for indoor dining and 100% for outdoor capacity.
Please Read Before Arriving
- We have installed a new RFID system to support our preference for touchless transactions and we encourage guests to purchase tickets online to limit contact. BUY NOW.
- It will be quick and easy to retrieve your ticket at one of the two automated pick-up stations outside the lodge.
- After your first day on the slopes, you can reload your RFID card online and head straight to the lift.
- If you are planning to park in our ski-in/ski-out parking lots on Magalloway Loop and at the Family Zone at the base of the South Branch lift, you will need to have your tickets before you arrive.
- If at some point in the season we do need to limit the number of skiers we can have on the hill, we will post instructions on our website and social media accounts. If you have any questions, please call (207)-864-5671 ext. 137 or ext. 134
- Pass Buyer’s COVID-19 Assurance Guarantee: If, due to COVID-19, the resort closes before March 21st, all pass holders will receive a pro-rated credit to be automatically applied to the ’21 – ’22 season pass purchase.
- This season there is limited lodge access. Knowing that, plan to be as self-sufficient as possible while at the mountain. For safety reasons, but also because your access will be restricted at certain times of day, guests won’t be able to bring bags into the lodge. The Europeans and our friends to the north have been skiing with daypacks for generations and you’ll want to take a page from their book. A 30-liter daypack will allow you to bring layers of clothing and other gear that can help you stay comfortable throughout the day. Pack efficiently though, Sherpas will be tough to come by.
- Those without a locker should plan to boot up in your car and leave the car with the gear you’ll need for the day.
- Please note, guests are not allowed to bring dogs to the base lodge area. We love our four-legged friends just as much as you, but unfortunately, we cannot have them on the property.
- An Important Note on Face Masks: While at Saddleback, appropriate masks or face coverings are required when waiting in line, loading, riding and unloading chairlifts and at all times indoors (unless actively eating or drinking while seated at a table). Please note: As per CDC guidelines, single-layer face coverings that can be seen through (such as buffs), fleece face masks and face coverings with two-way valves are not approved. For additional information on Maine State Guidelines and approved face coverings click here. Guests unwilling to comply with the Maine State and Saddleback Mountain guidelines will be asked to leave Saddleback property. Please read the most recent Executive Order on required face coverings from Governor Janet Mills here.
- You will be able to drop your skis and passengers off at the turn-around beside our lodge and then proceed to park.
- Those with lockers will be allowed access, however guests will be asked to not linger in the locker area and only stay as long as necessary to retrieve or store equipment. Gathering in groups and socializing in the seasonal lockers rooms is not permitted.
- Saddleback will operate chairlifts, lift loading, and unloading areas in accordance with National Ski Area Association (NSAA) Ski Well Be Well guidelines for safe operation.
- For your safety, guests with backpacks will be asked to remove them and hold them in their lap while riding on the chairlifts.
- Lines at lifts will be socially distanced and people will be required to wear a mask or appropriate face covering.
- Loading areas at lifts will be socially distanced.
- For everyone’s safety, guests will also be required to wear a mask or appropriate face covering while on the lift.
- Chairlifts provide constant directional airflow; they are also spaced 75-100 feet apart and are constantly moving. This provides sufficient airflow for guests to safely ride Saddleback chairlifts.
- You can ski or ride down the mountain without a mask or appropriate face covering if you choose, but always wear an appropriate face covering and stay socially distanced when grouped with other skiers and riders
- All of Saddleback’s lifts are quads. Our lift policy allows people from the same guest party to ride chairs together, or two singles socially distanced on either side of the chair. Lift attendants will not require guests to ride a chairlift with people they do not know.
- Clear signage and personal guidance will be provided at all chairlifts.
Grab-N-Go Dining & Pub Service
- For everyone’s safety, our guests will be required to wear a mask in the dining room until are seated and actively eating and then to put it back on upon completion of the meal.
- We have dramatically expanded our seating capacity for our two restaurants, but COVID restrictions will keep us from being able to take full advantage this season. To make up for lost capacity in the lodge, we have added additional dining capacity with warming tents located in front of the lodge.
- Please visit our Dining page for more info on food & beverage locations and hours at Saddleback.
Après Service in Pub
The Pub opens at 12 p.m. daily. To enter the Pub please wait at the entrance by the ticket office. A host monitors this entrance and will permit you to go upstairs once we are open and if there is capacity.
For more info on our pub hours and food and beverage service please visit the Après Service page.
Take Out is available after 12 p.m. To order dial 207-864-5671 EX. 142.
Outdoor Programs, Ski School & Rentals
For more information on outdoor programs or to book ski and ride lessons, please visit our SKI SCHOOL page.
Get Rentals in Advance: Our rental shop is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We are welcoming walk-ins, but strongly encouraging guests to plan ahead and come in and pick up rentals the day before from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. This allows you to take the rental equipment home and be ready to gear up right from your vehicle bright and early the next day. Visit our RENTALS page for more info.
We have partnered this season with Morton & Furbish Vacation Rentals to offer on-mountain rentals, as well as accommodations all across the Rangeley region. Check availability through our lodging page or call 1-888-218-4882 or email at INFO@RANGELEYRENTALS.COM. Cancellation Policy: In the interest of alleviating any added stressors during this unique time of traveling, Morton & Furbish offers the option to move your reservations to a later date with no penalty or you can simply cancel your stay.
- We will not be able to provide day care at the mountain this season.