Saddleback Mountain is located in the legendary Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine and overlooks the alluring New England town of Rangeley, Maine. The mountain is a convenient drive from the Portland and Bangor airports. Plus, Boston and Montreal are just four hours away.
Top elevation: 4,120 ft. with summit snowfields.
Our base lodge is the 2nd highest in New England at 2,460 ft.
Our 2,000 ft. vertical drop puts Saddleback in the big mountain category.
220 skiable acres boundary to boundary.
- 66 trails and glades
- Green circle 25 trails - 38%
- Blue square 19 trails - 29%
- Black diamond and Double black diamond 22 trails – 33%
3.1 miles from summit to base.
Glades all with Lift Access
Casablanca (44 acres), Thrombosis, Nightmare Glade, Intimidator, Dark Wizard, Mrs. Duley, Happy Garrison.
Freerider Terrain Park: Located on the Wheeler slope off the Sandy River chair. This park includes a variety of challenging terrain including rails, jumps, ramps and other elements.
Tightline Bumps and Jump: Tightline features a bumps course and big air jump.
Gee Whiz: Located in the South Branch area, Gee Whiz consists of rollers and smaller features perfect for younger riders to begin to develop their skills.
See our Terrain Parks page for further information.
85% snowmaking coverage with unlimited water
Average snowfall per year
5 (2 quads, 2 doubles, 1 t-bar)
Average length of season
Mid-December through end of March
Weekends only in April (Weather Permitting)
- Closed for the 2012-13 Season
- 220" Year to Date
- Report Last Updated:
- 04/22/13 @ 6:19pm
- Independence Day Celebration July 3, 2013 10:00 AM
- Strawberry Festival July 11, 2013 10:00 AM
- Gregg Allman in Concert July 27, 2013 TBA
- RFA Summer DIVA Show 8/9-8/11 August 9, 2013 7:30 PM
- Outdoor Sporting Heritage Day August 13, 2013 9:00 AM
- Blueberry Festival August 15, 2013 10:00 AM
- Oquossoc Day August 17, 2013 10:00 AM
Ski & Stay Packages, click here.