Saddleback Mountain is located in the legendary Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine and overlooks the alluring New England town of Rangeley, Maine. The mountain is a convenient drive from the Portland and Bangor airports. Boston and Montreal are just four hours away.
Top elevation: 4,120 ft.
Our base lodge is the 2nd highest in New England at 2,460 ft.
Our 2,000 ft. vertical drop puts Saddleback in the big mountain category.
220 skiable acres boundary to boundary.
- 66 trails and glades
- Green circle (easiest) 25 trails - 35%
- Blue square (intermediate) 19 trails - 30%
- Black diamond and Double black diamond 22 trails – 35%
3.1 miles from summit to base.
Glades - all with Lift Access
Casablanca (44 acres), Thrombosis, Nightmare Glade, Intimidator, Dark Wizard, Mrs. Duley, Happy Garrison.
Freerider Terrain Park: Located on the Wheeler slope off the Sandy River chair. This park includes a variety of challenging terrain including rails, jumps, ramps and other elements.
Tightline Bumps and Jump: Tightline features a bumps course and big air jump.
Gee Whiz: Located in the South Branch area, Gee Whiz consists of rollers and smaller features perfect for younger riders to begin to develop their skills.
See our Terrain Parks page for further information.
85% snowmaking coverage with unlimited water
Average snowfall per year
5 (2 quads, 2 doubles, 1 t-bar)
Average length of season
Mid-December through end of March
Weekends only in April (Weather Permitting)
- Closed for the Season
- 220" Year to Date
- Report Last Updated:
- 04/19/15 @ 6:23pm
- Labor Day Sunday Brunch August 30, 2015 10:00 AM
- World Cuisine Thursday-Japan (Sushi) September 3, 2015 5:00 PM
- Labor Day Sunday Brunch September 6, 2015 10:00 AM
- World Cuisine Thursdays-Mexico September 10, 2015 5:00 PM
- Labor Day Sunday Brunch September 13, 2015 10:00 AM
- World Cuisine Thursdays-Italy September 17, 2015 5:00 PM
- 11th Annual Fall Festival September 20, 2015 10:00 AM
Ski & Stay Packages, click here.