At 7:30 is morning, we met for our Sunday tradition of skiing with guests who are inclined to get to the lift an hour early to ski with management. The photo here is of today's group of about 30. It was a real cruising day as most trails had a nice corduroy finish. We skied Green Weaver, Royal Coachman and finished the program with a nice run down Red Devil. We finished making snow on Red Devil last week, so this was my first time there. The snow was excellent, the pitches were nice and it has a bit of double fall line which makes it a very fun trail to ski. When we began the session, skies were mostly cloudy and the forecast was for increasing clouds. Instead, skies cleared and we scored another blue bird day! It was a perfect weekend.

Now we will pay for the great stretch of weather! Our forecast is calling for a mix of precipitation to begin very early Monday morning. Precipitation is expected to change to rain. Rain could be heavy at times and will be accompanied by high gusty winds. Based on this forecast, we have decided not to operate Monday and to re-open Tuesday. We have a very deep base of very dry snow. There is little to no frost in the ground. The thinking is that if we stay off the surfaces, moisture will be able to drain through the snow pack and into unfrozen ground. Once the snow drains and temperatures drop, we would be able to groom up a good surface. This will be a very quick weather event. Freezing rain should change to rain mid-morning and then back to snow by Monday night. The remainder of the week will be seasonable in the 20's with snow showers and snow squalls each day through Friday. So, this is a tough call. We will know by Tuesday if we were right.

If you would like to contact me, send your thoughts to cklefos@saddlebackmaine.com