- Saddleback 2011-2012 Season Passes on Sale NowMarch 27, 2011
- Saddleback Ski Resort Offers $10 Gasoline VoucherMarch 11, 2011
- Looking for a Winter Wonderland?February 19, 2011
- Romance on the ChairliftFebruary 3, 2011
- It's Going to be an Exciting WeekendJanuary 13, 2011
Archive: February 1, 2011 - February 28, 2011
February 19, 2011
Looking for a Winter Wonderland?
Well it is February Vacation Week. Saddleback and Rangeley are a winter wonderland, the place to go for winter fun. On the mountain, in addition to great skiing and riding on a deep base of snow we’ve added additional opportunities for family fun. Rangeley Sled Dog Adventures will be offering sled dog rides. The dogs are lined up in front of the Base Lodge with local musher, A C Collelo. For $20 per person you can ride up the Rock Pond Trail in a traditional dog sled pulled by 10 finely tuned sled dogs. The trail winds its way through the woods to Rock Pond.
Snow shoeing is a great way to explore Saddleback, you can snowshoe up the slopes or enjoy the trails at the Rangeley Lakes Trail Center located on Saddleback Mountain. They have a slogan for the Trail Center, “Ski the Wilds”. It is a quiet network of trails 50 km in all that winds through the forest and out on to Saddleback Lake. The conifers decked in white, the white birches catching the sun, moose and snowshoe hare tracks create a space to let your mind free itself. You can take advantage of their Nordic trails for classic and skate skiing, or snowshoeing. Snowshoes are available as rentals in the Saddleback Rental Shop.
In Rangeley on Haley Pond there is a skating rink with warming shed. Ecopelagicon has free skate rentals. Just across the street at Snow Source they have Vermont Kick Sleds. Try one of these out on the ice or trails. You can ice fish on Haley Pond. Saddleback has a sledding hill directly in front of the Lodge, but the best hill in town is located on Mingo Spring Golf Course.
If you are a motorized adventurer the Rangeley Lakes Region is home to 180 miles of groomed snowmobile trails and snowmobile rentals are available.
This is the time of year to appreciate winter for all its opportunities to spend time with family and friends in the great outdoors. See you on the snow…Read More >>
February 3, 2011
Romance on the Chairlift
Joanne Taylor, adds a new twist to Valentine's DayRead More >>
- Partly Cloudy
- 121" Year to Date
- Primary: Packed Powder
- Secondary: Loose Granular
- 20"-40"Average Base Depths
- 64 Trails Open
- Report Last Updated:
- 03/09/14 @ 5:21am
Ski & Stay Packages, click here.
- Park Shark Series - Big Air March 9, 2014 12:00 PM
- Sebago Brewing Day at Saddleback March 13, 2014 All Day
- Celebrate 90 years of Roger Page with Saddleback March 14, 2014 4:30 PM
- Friday Night Lights and Park Shark Series: Rail Jam March 14, 2014 4:00 PM
- Walgreens Day at Saddleback March 15, 2014 All Day
- St. Patrick's Family Fun Day March 15, 2014 All Day