Alpine Skiing and Riding
. . . the way it should be
Bigger than you think. Different from the rest.
More on Why Saddleback
Read a review from a veteran ski writer who gets the Saddleback difference. Click here.
At Saddleback, we've taken a different road from other large resorts. From our natural terrain and our wilderness environment to how the mountain was developed and is operated, almost everything about Saddleback is different.
It's a magnificent mountain with genuine values and a gentle soul. It's the way Alpine skiing and riding used to be.
- Classic New England ski terrain with trails that follows the contours.
- Snow-covered conifers over most of the mountain create a different feel with rime-frosted trees at the lower elevations and snow ghosts at the upper.
- High elevation alpine experience.
- At 4,120 ft elevation, Saddleback is one of only seven ski mountains in New England with a top lift elevation over 4,000 feet. Our 2,000 ft vertical drop is greater than several well-known big mountain resorts.
- Saddleback has extensive glades like other ski areas but only Saddleback has
Casablanca Glades & Chutes which provide endless ways down through Paradise.
- With more trails per lift capacity, there are less people on each trail, providing a relaxing experience with better snow conditions. Our snow IS better.
- Unique post & beam base lodge with all services, caring staff, huge fieldstone fireplace, great views, low-key environment and no commercialization.
- Ski and ride school has the lowest student to instructor ratio in North America. Beginners receive one-on-one instruction and group classes are limited to five.
- Best beginner terrain in New England -- four miles of gentle trails and slopes located below the base lodge and away from the rest of the mountain.
- All lodging on the mountain has ski-in/ski-out access.
- Saddleback and the Rangeley Lakes Region are the wild, unspoiled Maine -- where wilderness and recreation meet. Someone described the Rangeley area like going to Alaska ...only closer.
"Two roads diverged in a wood and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference."
Phone: (207) 864-5671 Toll Free: (866) 918-2225 Fax: (207) 864-5878
© 2014 Saddleback Maine. All Rights Reserved